TERMS OF SERVICE
Welcome to the Official Development Forum for Wings3D!
Take it to heart that this is a community that developed before you got here. The rules, guidelines, and etiquette has been over two years in the making, and you must follow these conditions to be able to view and post.
1. PLAY NICE. Think of it first as a meeting with strangers for a friendly game. Think of again as being with people who might help boost your income, and its plain that those rules of professional deportment your parents and teachers taught you apply here. This is a development and instruction forum, not a fan-site; and as such, the issues are Wings3D and 3D graphics; so anyone disrupting the flow of discourse will be taken to issue, first by other members, and then by staff if the situation is ignored or worsens. .. Disagreements inevitably occur; and when they do, you are expected to maintain your dignity and keep personal feelings out of it. Depending on relevance to the thread topic, you are entitled to express any opinions you choose - but you are required to defend them in a rational debate should anyone disagree. 'It's just my opinion' is not a valid excuse for being wrong; and "you're a jerk, etc., is a bannable transgression.
2. MAKE SENSE. The only things that matter on this forum are your words. Use them wisely. While you won't find yourself gagged for mis-spelling, others may justifiably gig you if you are incoherent or wasting their time with irrelevancies. If we can't read it, we'll delete it and you'll look stupid asking why instead of taking the obvious hint..
3. THINK. Think before you press 'post'. Think about what you've just written, and the impression it will give us of you. ESPECIALLY: Think about whether it's even worth posting at all. If it doesn't add anything to the topic at hand, click 'back'. If it makes you look like an idiot, then we're liable to laugh at you, so we advise against posting it. When you're about to start a new thread, think about whether it's likely to have been done before. If your idea isn't startlingly original, check back a few pages through the forum to see if a similar topic has been active recently. If it has, post your thoughts in there rather than starting a whole new topic.
4. NO WAREZ. Whatever utility there may be in their dissemination, pirated software is illegal. Post about your latest warez acquisitions, ask usage questions that clearly indicate you've never gotten the manual, link to pirated games or applications, or promote warez in any way and you will likely find yourself banned forever.
5. NO UNSOLICITED ADVERTISING OR REQUESTS FOR "FREE STUFF". If you've just come here to sell or ask for stuff without contributing anything to the forum, you will be gagged and any offending post removed. If you can't make it yourself or don't want to learn to make it yourself, you don't belong here.
6. LOOK BEFORE YOU LEAP. If you're new, take time to read a few threads first. Get a feel for the place, get an idea of what goes and what doesn't. There are countless conventions and unwritten rules on this, and every, forum, which you will only understand by observing others. If in doubt, keep quiet - it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and not just remove all doubt, but maybe be banned.
7. BE DESCRIPTIVE & NOT REDUNDANT. Please use descriptive subject lines and research your post. This not only reduces the chances of double-posting, it makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. As the search function of this forum is still under development it isn't very strong - but if you'll scan the subjects of the last several days' posts to make sure you aren't duplicating posts, everyone will appreciate it.
8. BE RELEVANT. Just to forestall anyone who wants to post a lot of drivel to get a handle, note is that custom titles are not given by number of posts (which are also not shown), but by making a positive contribution or impression on the staff. There are worthy members who have not achieved that distinction simply because it takes time and we're busy people. Stay around long and you'll see who these are.
9. IMAGE POSTS - the size limits for linking to images is 100k - adhere to that, or the image(s) will be deleted. Repeated instances will cause an unhappy consequence.
BANNABLE OFFENSES (if not obvious from above)
TROLLING Don't make posts that are inflammatory just to get people riled up. Substance is the key to not being banned as a troll.
PERSONAL ATTACKS. Criticize ideas, not people. Do not respond if you feel attacked for your opinion, as others can judge for themselves. Remember: Wings is the issue here, not your ego. If you feel damaged by someone's words, respond to the moderators or administrator and let
us decide what to do. This is not zitboy-chat.com, and no member is allowed to engage in public personal attacks on any other member. Personal attacks are defined as Personal, Racial, Ethnic, and/or Gender based insults, slurs, or derisive comments. Make your complaint privately to an Administrator or Moderator using the private email facility.
POLITICALLY INCORRECT CONTENT: Nothing that is potentially sexually offensive or explicit, or is a demonstration of racial/religious/political hate may be posted. Simple criteria: the judgment of your peers and moderators - a WARNING SEXUAL CONTENT or the like in the post header IS NOT ACCEPTABLE - just don't do it.
MIS-POSTING: Post in the correct forum - threads will be moved to the correct one for you, but if it becomes a regular thing, you won't be here long.
RESPECT PRIVACY: Do not post other's phone numbers, addresses, pictures, etc., without their permission.
ONE ACCOUNT ONLY: Each member may have only one account. IP's are logged and server sortable by IP and name.
NO PROFANITY: Do not place profane language in thread subjects or substitute letters such as * to mask a profanity - this is a forum visited by professionals, and professional decorum is expected. We aren't saying you can't express your opinion, but if you can't do so without swearing, don't expect to find a forum for professionals accessible to you for much longer.
HTML is permanently disabled - don't ask or mention it.
DO NOT attempt to subvert, modify, or disrupt the normal flow or display of the Support Forum or its content. It is criminal, and will result in unpleasant consequences to the perpetrator.
This is not a democracy - and we don't always give warnings before banning. If you are banned, you should be able to figure out why. When we do give warnings, you get one for free, a ban of some specified duration with the second, and there is no third warning; just forget about this forum. Length of ban, or if warnings are to be given is entirely at the discretion of forum staff. Hint: just be nice to other members, especially those with titles other than registered; their voices in complaint bear considerable weight.
As this is not a democracy we have not posted this with an AGREE button before accessing the forums. You are expected to have read these terms and to adhere by them. If a warning is ever given, it will instruct you to read these again.